cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonesm52
Regular Visitor

Sharepoint List Flow: Automatically update "last action date" column when the most recent date column changes.

Hi All,

I'm new to power automate and I have a SharePoint list that has 28 different date & time columns that need to be updated as a project progresses. Currently, we manually update a separate "Current Status Date" date & time column when we move through each milestone of a project for reporting and calculation purposes. Is there a flow anyone has built for when a date & time column is updated it updates a separate column showing the status date of an item?

All the suggestions I have seen have been focused on automatically updating dates when a choice column changes, but I'm having difficulty replicating it for just date and time column changes.

Any assistance will be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Jonesm52 ,

How many date columns do you have in the list?

I assume there are four and you would like to get the latest date populated into the last column. So I made a demo for your reference:

vjefferni_0-1657680472463.png

actions within Apply to each:

vjefferni_1-1657680481094.png

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Jonesm52 

Sorry but I'm not quite clear on what you want to do.  Could you provide some screen shots and additional explanation?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi Scott,

The highlighted column is the column I'd like automated based on the dates from the previous columns. Any thoughts?

Would it be helpful to show the flow that I built? I figured I'd start from scratch since the flow I built isn't accomplishing the task. 

Thanks in advance. I'm very much a novice with flow builder.Capture.JPG

Hi @Jonesm52 ,

How many date columns do you have in the list?

I assume there are four and you would like to get the latest date populated into the last column. So I made a demo for your reference:

vjefferni_0-1657680472463.png

actions within Apply to each:

vjefferni_1-1657680481094.png

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,343)