cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint List and Flow with a status update

All - I need to start by admitting I am VERY new to Flow. I previously used Sharepoint Designer to create workflows (self-taught). However, I am trying to use flow now as it seems like the way the world is going. 

Here's what I'm trying to do, if you could tell me if it's even possible or not I would appreicate that. 

I have a sharepoint list that has multiple columns, one of the columns is a drop down (a status column). What I want is... When a new item is created, Flow fires off an email to a specific email address saying "there's something new..." This step is done and was very easy. 

The next step is, I want Flow to be triggered if the status column is changed from "Interested" (which is the dafault) to "Scheduled". Once the column is changed to scheduled, I want Flow to fire off another email. 

Do I have need to design multiple flows for each of these actions ... or is there something that I can do to keep it all in one and the flow just keeps looking for a change in the "status" column? 

Any help would be appreicated! 

Thank you!
David

1 REPLY 1
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You could keep it all in one flow.

And the screenshot of the flow should be as below:

Capture.PNG

Note:

1.The choice value dynamic content should come from the "Get item" action.

2.Leave the Count field in the Do until blank.

3.Set the Time out field in the Do until action.The PT1M means the Do until would time out when it has run 1 month.

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,176)