cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint Online and Flow

Hi Guys,
I took over the sharepoint administration from a guy who quit. I need to rebuild the site and I hope that flow can help me with this scenario. We are administering big airways company and they have a lot of agents that are connecting to sharepoint extranet to get pdf files and lists with prices. When a new agent starts I need a way to add him to right group and assign all the documents and permissions to it. When agent leaves the company we need to remove all related dependencies when we remove his account from sharepoint. Today we need to manually delete all references. Is it possible to use flow to configure permissions, delete stuff like this?
6 REPLIES 6
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

you will run into lots of problems doing it that way.

You would be better off to control the permissions by groups and remove/add those users to the security groups.

Permission groups and Role based dynamic groups.
You can build an on-boarding and off-boarding solution

on-boarding and off-boarding solution? Can you please provide an example?

Is it possible to create a flow that will remove all dependencies (like documents) when a user is deleted?

documents are dependent on user and no unique permissions are not removed if a user is deleted.

onboarding/offboarding could just be a list your HR completes and then you add/remove users from groups and disable them.

@Gristy You are correct.

Handling permission on files is not good practice.

@SharepointO Im not sure how you are going to be able to work with permission on files in a good administration way. I would try to work myself out of this with permissions on Librarys/List and then you could create the on-boardning/off-boardning solution.

Try to get files organized in Library's and set permission on the library's not on user level but group/role level. For example if you have members of a Development Department then you should have a group/role named Development department and give that group access to specific library's that contain files. I would say if the users want to share files and set file permissions then i would leave that responsibility with the users.

Hi guys,

I re-think everything and this is what I would like to accomplish. If we skip the permissions part, is it possible to create a flow that will delete all documents that a specific user uploaded (it should be a way to delete user with flow and remove all documetns that belongs to that user) and is it possible to create flow that will create a new user and assign it to right office 365 group?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (33,243)