cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsia
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint Sites Missing from Dropdown

I have a few of my Sharepoint sites that do not show up in flow when I have tried to do a number of flows involving them therefore I am not able to select a folder in those sites to create files in a flow.  About half of the sharepoint sites exist in the dropdown list.

I am attempting to create some simple flows such as saving email attachments and syncing 2 sharepoint folders.  

I have also attempted to use 'add custom value' and paste the link to the site in but that fails in validation when saving the flow.

I cannot find other solutions to this so far in the community.

Is there a setting somewhere that is affecting this?  These are templated flows and are quite simple.  Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jsia

Re: Sharepoint Sites Missing from Dropdown

I hired a consultant to help me with this and he was able to solve very quickly.

There was a special character in the site address.  it was an '

He recommended since there is no ability to change the URL to encode the ' with %27.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
DewiTC

I experienced this with Survey List which is an older type of list.  It doesn't show up in the dropdown, but I was able to type in the list name.  After the list name is accepted, the fields on the list will show up. 

Hope this helps.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi jsia,

Do you have access to all the sites?

Are they sub sites under your site?

Please show me more details about your sites.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
jsia

I do have access, or should, as I created them all.  

They were created via Teams to create Team and Site.

I am able to add the sharepoint site as a custom value now I found and the corresponding folder paths are there which is a good sign but when updating/saving the flow I get this error.

The template validation failed: 'The template action 'Create_file_2' at line '1' and column '1783' is not valid: "The template language expression '/datasets/@{encodeURIComponent(encodeURIComponent('https://alliantpr.sharepoint.com/sites/Martin'sTeam'))}/files' is not valid: the string interpolation segment starting at position '10' is not terminated.  Make sure that ever '@{' is followed by its '}'.".'

jsia

Still seeking answers as to the error I am receiving if anyone can help me with this.

Thanks,

Jon

jsia

Can anyone help me with the error I am receiving when inputting the sharepoint site under custom value?

It allows me to find the fields I want after putting in the sharepoint site address, so it seems it recognizes it well, but when I go to save/update flow, the error happens.

jsia

I hired a consultant to help me with this and he was able to solve very quickly.

There was a special character in the site address.  it was an '

He recommended since there is no ability to change the URL to encode the ' with %27.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Apatel2

I have similar issue.  The drop down does not show the site and the site link does not have any special characters.  I am in Office 365 A1 Plus and have access to Microsoft Forms (Plan2 ) and SharePoint Plan 1 for EDU as an admin.

First I created an Office 365 Form and collected 1st set of data.  Then I created a Sharepoint list store the Form results.  Now I am trying to create a flow, and I can't find the SharePoint site.  I can't type it either.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

jsia

I found copy/pasting from the share point site itself was the best.  

I found some very good and affordable help for troubleshooting this stuff on Upwork.com.

Apatel2

I'll visit Upwork.com.  Thank you jsia.  I couldn't copy/paste because that's not an option for me.   I see two choices "No Items" and "Enter custom value" in my drop-down menu.  I choose "Enter custom value " and I still can't type the SharePoint site address.

bang

I have the same iissue. Microsoft Flow don't suggest a new site a have created. I also cannot type the address.
Any solution to fix it? 
seem like Microsoft Flow have a lot bugs

jsia

I got some help on this issue.  Some sites won't show but I also couldn't type in the name of the site at that time (which should work) because i had some punctuation issues.  See the link for the solution I found.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Sharepoint-Site-missing-from-flow/m-p/66297#M1976

WebSolProv

Can you provicde some insite on how you solved this? I am using a different user / connection to do the Sharepoint update item and while this user can access said SP site using the browser URL when entering manually into a Flow it doesnt validate when saving.  The link you pointed to only discusses about manually entering the SP site URL to avoid any weird characters but this doesnt appear to have worked.

Thanks,

Alex

Talex

I am having the same problem.  There are no special characters in the URL.

Supakeepa
Level: Power Up

Oh man this saved me! I was about to lose my mind. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 183 members 4,815 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: