cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint To Planner Flow Gets Stuck In A Loop

I have two flows that either create a new Planner task and a different flow that updates an existing Planner task on entry or update in Sharepoint. They both work, however, when I try to combine them into one flow using a condition command, it becomes stuck in an infinite loop. My goal is to have the condition determine if the Planner task exists or not so it can either create new or update existing. I've seen examples online and tried to copy them but end up with this **bleep** loop. The condition that checks if the Planner task "title" contains the Sharepoint "title" works, however, it proceeds to create a new task multiple times. I made the mistake of starting the flow and going to the washroom, came back and there were 367 of the same task sitting in Planner. Help me please!!

3 REPLIES 3
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Could you post an anonymized screenshot of the flows? 
It sounds like you can avoid creating new tasks by Listing them first and checking whether they exist before creating new one (see below). I'm not sure why I've created HTML table to list the titles from the tasks though...i'm sure it's possible without it even.

List Tasks in Planner.png

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Northern_Spike,

Could you please share the screenshot of your Flow configuration? If so, it could help us better assist you.

Just like @InterestedBloke said, you could use the filter query or select or create HTML table action to process the list of tasks, then check the newly task whether it exists in the list. If it exists, update it, or create a new one. But your Flow Gets Stuck in a loop, I think you might have some issue in the Flow and you might have another Flow with the trigger When a task created.

For duplicate tasks that have already been created, you can obtain these tasks by List tasks, then filter out the tasks for the specific title and then create a Delete task action and put them in an Apply to each action for batch deletion.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here's a screenshot of what I am trying to use. Like I said, both options on true or false side work great individually. As soon as I place them after the condition, I get the never ending loop.

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (91,156)