Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtagliaferri
Helper III
Helper III

Sharepoint When Item is Created Update Item From Secondary List

Hi,

I have Sharepoint List (e.g. Staff Events) that when creating a new item will update certain info such as staff number and manager, however i need to update two more columns that cannot be updated with the function Get user profile (V2) and Get manager (V2).

I have a secondary list (e.g. Staff Details) that contains the information i need to retrieve and update the new item created, what I am trying to achieve is when creating a new item in Staff Events library it will retrieve Position and Base from the Staff Details library for that particular entry matching either the name or staff number (People Picker for the name or staff number which is a combination of one letter and numbers) and update the Position and Base in the Staff Events library accordingly.

I have come to a complete stand still getting this sorted.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @mtagliaferri 

May I ask you that which step you struggling to build the flow? Is that the filter using the people picker?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

Hi  ,

Yes I am filtering via a people picker, but have also tried to filter using the Staff N. which is alphanumerical.

Below is the latest I am trying using Staff N.

F1.JPG

The Get user profile & Get Manager work fine and updates correctly the Test 2 list with the staff number.

As the Staff N. has been updated prior to Get items, I presume I can use the Staff number as a filter (u123456 = u123456)

F2.JPG

I am getting the Staff N. from the Get item list

F8.JPG

And the Staff N. from the When an item is created list

F9.JPG

I then update the list item using the Base Value & the Position Value from the Get items list

F6.JPG

Running the flow it returns a false result

F10.JPG

Thanks!

Hi @mtagliaferri 

Could you please check the run history of the Staff Number from both action steps? The runtime IF won't show the values what it is comparing.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @abm ,

can you please clarify? I am pretty ew to PowerAutomate so I am getting confused, What actions should I take? When checking the SharePoint list I can sew that the staff number and the manager have been updated following the first part of the flow.

Hi @mtagliaferri 

What I meant is check the run history of your flow and see what values are returned in each step. If you still struggling I could look this via screen share. Let me know.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (81,189)