Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint choice column

Hi there,

I am trying to produce a flow that does the following:

Triggered by : New item added in a sharepoint list I have

I then want to update another sharepoint list that has a choice column, I need to add a value to choose from in the choice column settings based on the value that was input into the trigger sharepoint. 

Is this possible? If show how can I work it?

Many Thanks

Charlotte

5 REPLIES 5
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If both of the choice columns are not allowed to be multi-selected, you could refer to the following method to configure Flow.

For example, both lists have a choice column with the name Status.

33.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try that thank you, what is the id? where did you get 18 from?

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to update the item, you need to get the Item ID. You can get the ID of the specified item from the List.

40.PNG

I just provided an example, Id may also be a dynamically changing value, depending on your needs and configuration.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I try and put in the title, it brings up the headings for the original sharepoint where the item was created rather than the sharepoint I want to update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not looking to update an item in the list, I need to add another option to the choice column in the settings as the user of my powerapp will create another 'machine' and so I will then need them to be able to select that mahine in the new sharepoint as the original is a list of machines and the new one has a column where they select which machine they need. If that makes sense

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (31,172)