cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeKi72
Helper III
Helper III

Sharepoint connector Get Items to search for keywords in a metadata column. Is that possible?

Dear Experts,

I have a sharepoint list that contains a metadata column called 'Keywords".

Is it possible to use the Sharepoint connnector Get Items to search for a keyword

in the metadata column 'keywords"? In the screenshot below i have used the 

column Title where i have specified some keywords. But the column Title is only

limited to 255 characters. Is it possible to use the metadata column?

PeKi72_0-1653753989996.png

Gr. P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rhiassuring
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You will want to first create an array of your metadata - whether they are stored in a list, or in a field - and then cycle through the "Get Items" with your Filter Query.  substringof('CurrentItem', Title) 

(Where CurrentItem is equal to the dynamic content from your metadata array.) 

That way it'll do a Get Items to pull back anything where the title contains the current keyword. It will do that for each keyword. 

From there you can do whatever you want with it - add the SP IDs brought back to another array or a string, get the titles and store them,.. depends what your output needs are.

R

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rhiassuring
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You will want to first create an array of your metadata - whether they are stored in a list, or in a field - and then cycle through the "Get Items" with your Filter Query.  substringof('CurrentItem', Title) 

(Where CurrentItem is equal to the dynamic content from your metadata array.) 

That way it'll do a Get Items to pull back anything where the title contains the current keyword. It will do that for each keyword. 

From there you can do whatever you want with it - add the SP IDs brought back to another array or a string, get the titles and store them,.. depends what your output needs are.

R

Hi Rhiasssuring, I have read your solution multiple times. But i do not understand any of it. What i would like is to specify some keywords for every list row. And i have used the column Title for it and it works great only that the column Title can contain only 255 characters. So i have change it to a metadata column where i can specify much keywords that i want. But then my Sharepoint Get Items filter query doesn't work anymore: ubstringof('CurrentItem', Title).  Can this be done? Or perhaps a better way ? Or how would you do it  if you want to specify some keywords for every list row. Gr . P

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,719)