cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmccann
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint copy/download folder to file share

Hello,

I'm looking to automate a copy/download from a Sharepoint Library to a fileshare server.

I need to do this to ensure that the files are accessible, and up to date. There are custom programs which use the files within the shared fileshare location (through a directory path), and they cannot access Sharepoint directly.

Considering I have permissions set, in addition to check in/out, and approvals on - I do not have OneDrive syncing to the SP site library.

I have not been able to download an entire folder from the library, either. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint copy/download folder to file share

Hi @ jmccann,

Could you please explain more about your needs?

Could you please explain more about the fileshare server taht you mentioned?

Do you want to copy all files from a folder in sharepoint library to Onedrive?

What is the problem you meet when you copy the files from sharepoint library to Onedrive?

I have made a test on my side,you could refer to screenshot below to copy all files from sharepoint library to Onedrive:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully to copy all files from sharepoint library to onedrive as below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

jmccann

Hi Alice,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try to give some more details.
Unfortunately I do not believe I can use OneDrive for our application. I could be mistaken though.

For a little background:
Our in-house application uses a .dat for configuration. The .dat contains the file path for related instructions (our folder in this case): \\serverA\folder1\folder2\

The program uses the contents of the folder for displaying specific instructions depending on user input while using the application. Those contents are all within that folder. The contents include .xml, .bmp, .htm, and more.
"\\serverA" is not OneDrive. It is a network drive

I need the contents of the folders available for modifications in SP, but protected and controlled for versioning. I also need to ensure that the in-house application accesses the most current documentation.

I thought that copying specific folders from the SP library to "\\serverA" would be the best work around.

I tried to do this manually, but there doesn't seem to be a download option for folders like there is for individual files. See below. I would like to copy or download the folders (and their contents) within "Embedded"

Capture.JPG

Thank you!

jmccann

@v-yuazh-msft,

Any addtional thoughts on this?

Thank you,

Jeremy

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,062)