cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ducky

Sharepoint excel archive

I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but if it has I haven't searched for the right thing.

I'm trying to create a flow that will archive an excel document daily. The document is a daily fleet schedule that changes daily. I would like every morning for the excel sheet that is currently held in a SharePoint library, to be copied and turned into a PDF (to prevent changes to the archive) and saved in a different folder in the same SharePoint library, but from what I can tell, the convert to PDF may not be possible. Below was one of my many failed attempts, however, this one has got me the closest of any. The problem with what I have currently is the file that it creates does not have a file extension so I cannot open it to view it. I attempted to change the file name under the "create file" step to "Schedule Archive.xlsx" as well as "Schedule Archive.pdf" with no avail.

Any suggestions?

Capture 1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ducky ,

As suggested by @ChristianAbata , you could add an extension behind the file name.

Also, you could add the time as follows:

139.PNG

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

please @Ducky  in file name field add at the end the file extention like .xlsx

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ducky ,

As suggested by @ChristianAbata , you could add an extension behind the file name.

Also, you could add the time as follows:

139.PNG

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (7,585)