cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint flow, approver add more information and attachment to sharepoint item

Hi,

I'm working on an approval flow that is roughly;

1) User says they want something in sharepoint (basic fields; description, purpose, etc)

2) Manager approves that request and it moves onto Purchasing Department

3) Purchasing Department then sources, prices, etc.  Then approves the request for further approvals down the line

What I'm having trouble with is with step 3.  Is it possible for an approver to add information to the sharepoint item?  Like supplier, cost, etc that the initial user wouldn't have access to.  Is it possible to add an attachment at this stage too, for example a supplier quote?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Sharepoint flow, approver add more information and attachment to sharepoint item

Hi @pedanticpad 

Currently sending attachments with approvals is not supported in flow. However a few things you can carry out: 

1. If the information is not much, the approver can add comments and these can be pushed to SP. 

2. You can add a link to item in the approval email. and if the approver approves, they can go to the SP item through that link and add the attachment. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Sharepoint flow, approver add more information and attachment to sharepoint item

Hi @pedanticpad 

Currently sending attachments with approvals is not supported in flow. However a few things you can carry out: 

1. If the information is not much, the approver can add comments and these can be pushed to SP. 

2. You can add a link to item in the approval email. and if the approver approves, they can go to the SP item through that link and add the attachment. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I presume I would need to leave editing enabled for the purchasing dept to be able to add more information? I had hoped to keep this off so the initial user can't edit the request.

Is it possible for a new list item to be created on a separate list by the purchasing dept so they can add all the necessary extra info and this is the request that goes forward for later approval?
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @pedanticpad 

Yes. A slight modification recommendation though!

Create a column in the second list as a lookup to the primary list. So the other team can reference the first item and those details can be extracted in flow to send the next approvals. 

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks,

Could you provide a bit more detail of how to integrate a second list into the flow for purchasing department and pull the fields from the first list into the second list?

Sorry, I'm fairly new to using Flow so not 100% sure how to accomplish this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,636)