cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexCtd
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint list and library in the same flow

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a signature app on PowerApps and Flow.

I have a form on PowerApps to save the name in a SharePoint list and then on the next screen I have a pen input which save the signature in a Sharepoint Library. That works well.

The problem is I want to use a Word template which triggers when the signature is saved but I also need to get the name of the one who signed.

My flow is: 

- triggers when the signature file is created in the library

- get this file content 

- get items to get the person's First and Last name in the list

- Template a word with the name and signature of the person

This flow works well if I fill the filter Query with a letter or directly the name myself ( ex: substringof('A',Column_Title) ) but the flow needs to be automatic.

I tried to set the Filter Query with " substringof('TriggerOutputs()['headers']['x-ms-file-name-encoded']',Column_Title)" but it never finds any record maybe because the signature file names are all saved with this name format "FirstName LastName.jpg" so I think the ".jpg" is the reason why.

I also tried to set the Filter Query with " Date lt 'addSeconds(utcNow(),45)' " because I want to get the latest saved record but this time the error says that the Date colums doesn't exist even thought it truely exist.

Anyone have any thoughts on doing this ?

Thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Sharepoint list and library in the same flow

I made a video on how to do some of this recently. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdbNqQ1z_Ww&t=681s

I push the signature through to Flow from PowerApps and then temporary create a file of signature and then put the signature in the document and then delete the file. Mine then attaches the finished pdf document back to that item on the sharepoint list as an attachment. 

AlexCtd

Thx for your answer @rebeccas,

Yes I saw your video and it worked but I wanted to have the form in a first screen and the signature in a second and in that case i don't think i can use the same form on 2 different screens.

I'll try other things to continue with my 2 different screens but if i don't figure it out i'll use your method.

Thx,

Cordially

Super User
Super User

@AlexCtd 

You can do that. What you do is have the form on your first screen and the button that goes to the second screen does not submit the form..it just goes to the second screen.

Then on the second screen you can have the signature and whatever other fields you have outside a form. But..you set the default on those fields in the first screen to pull that data (and just hide the cards for those where they aren't visible) from the controls/text input on the second screen and on the second screen you can submit the form that is on the first screen. 

The values will hold on that form even when you are on a different screen until you tell them to reset. 

Let me know if I didn't explain that well enough and I will break it down further.

AlexCtd

@rebeccas 

Okay thx i didn't knew that.

Yes actually i understand how this works but i didn't get the settings for the second screen.

Is it possible for you to develop a bit more or maybe you have another link so i can understand more visually ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,789)