cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick_M
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint list auto export to excel

Hello,

I have created a powerapp. The data from the app will be stored in a sharepoint list. 

I wonder if its possible to make flow that will auto export the sharepoint list to an excel file on monthly basic. 

And when the sharepoint list has been exported the export file auto send too an specific email adres. 

For example the sharepoint list will export automaticly every last monday of the month. And when its exported the export file automaticly send to test@email.nl

It would even be better if its also possible only the data from that month will be exported

I hope somebody can help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dimi
Level 10

Re: Sharepoint list auto export to excel

For those reading this (in the year 2018 :)) you can run a recurrent flow now: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/run-scheduled-tasks Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Nick_M,

Currently, we can export SharePoint list data to Excel when using new experiencing, but seems that we are not able to export data automatically using flow. May I suggest you submit an idea at Flow Ideas Forum so it might be considered as a future release:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

As a temporary workaround, you could create a flow send you a push notification on every last Monday of the month to remind you export the data to Excel.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Nick_M

Tobad, 😞 I guess i will found another solution. But the strange thing is when i'm looking at my sharepoint list. There is no command bar. So i'm unable to manually export to excel. But when i create a new list the command bar is visible. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Nick_M,

This Export to Excel button only works in Modern SharePoint list, once you click the button “Return to classic SharePoint”, this button would disappear. But you could close the browser and sign in again to return to the Modern SharePoint list.

modern.PNG

By this way, you can manually export data to Excel on Modern SharePoint list. Do you get the same Command bar with me?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Nick_M

Hi,

No i dont get the command bar. When i'm creating a new list i see the command bar but in my current list, which i exported from acces to sharepoint i dont see the bar. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Nick_M,

The Export to Excel button only appear on Modern SharePoint list. In Classic SharePoint list, it doesn’t appar.
Please try to turn your SharePoint Online to Modern mode to use this button.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

MacPhapolis

Did that screen shot come from a Microsoft development environment?  I'm an early release customer, and in the New List Experience I only see the "Export to Excel" button in IE.  It still doesn't show up in Chrome.  In still don't see Flow or Powerapps in any browser.  I've heard that's coming soon, or is there a manual step I need to take to add it?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you receive any answer or suggestions?  While investigating main issue - we still don't have the Flow button on our SharePoint lists - we noticed that the Export to Excel button appears fine in IE but not in Chrome or FF.  Wonder if there are browser specific settings that would fix this and make the Flow button appear on our SharePoint lists?

dimi
Level 10

For those reading this (in the year 2018 :)) you can run a recurrent flow now: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/run-scheduled-tasks Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,717)