Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint list characters limit

Hey guys

I have already checked some different topics but couldnt find any solution

I need to transfer an added item (attachment) from MS Forms to Sharepoint List.

Column set to Hyperlink gives me an error. Column set to text gives me an information about characters limit = 255.

The full line with name of the attachment, hyperlink etc has to be 400-600 characters.

What could I do to extend the limit or to take it down completly? Is there any json based trick/code that could shorten the hyperlink automatically for every attachment added while filling the Forms?

bireta_0-1605622498376.png

That limit does not fit my needs at all. I need a quick and easy workaround for all the links/files there, which are transfered from Form to SP by the Flow, just like that;

bireta_1-1605622618996.png

Thanks

Pawel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

how using about a multi-line?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

As easy way is to make a short link with bit.ly and use that instead, super easy to do from within the flow.

But everytime someone adds a new file to the Form the link is different. How am I able to make it fully automatic to cut every OneDrive hyperlink (to where these files were added) so the same link is shown in the Sharepoint List later via Flow?

Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

how using about a multi-line?

View solution in original post

I have tried but it still says that the limit of 255 characters was reached. I can't change the character limitation, just how many rows of multi-line text I want to have. And it doesnt matter if i put 6 od 1000, it still ends with the same error

EDIT:

I was wondering how is it possible to have that many rows of multi-line text and looked over it again. I changed it to multi-line to make sure its set correctly, then I deleted the attachment/file/hyperlink TAG in Flow, added it again on the specific row for this targed and somehow it now understands the multi-line change i've made!

Now it works like a charm, the flow goes straight to the finish. THANKS!

bireta_0-1605629739841.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (60,897)