Did you mean: 
nikola_bgd
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sharepoint list flow

Hi,

I'm having trouble with building flows on multiple Sharepoint lists;

I have 3 lists A B C. A is the main list with multiple columns A1 A2 A3 A4

I am trying to copy data from list A to lists B or C based on the people column found in list A. So for example if the user enters data in list A and selects Mark, than all the other data (a1, a2, a3) will be copied in b1,b2,b3. If he enters Ana, the data will be copied to list C.

Also, I would like to have modification posibilities so that if the item is already present in lists B or C, they can be changed if the original items changed.

One of the problems here is that the list A has item-level permissions enabled, so unique columns are disabled.

Is my idea possible? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
WDRC
Helper V
Helper V

@nikola_bgd

This looks like you need to use a switch case and do this on the persons name.  Then once you have this in place you can create or update the item in lists B & C etc.  

I cannot answer the item level permmsions at this time as that needs someone with better knowledge than me.

Regards,

Andrew

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nikola_bgd,

For your second question, if you can add an extra column IdFromListA to list B and list C, you can fill the ID values in list A in the two columns, when creating the item. Because the ID in list A is unique.

It is recommended to create an item and update the item using two separate Flows.

When the item in list A is changed, configure Get items to get the items in list B and list C, and use the ID in list A to confirm whether the current item already exists.

Also use Person to determine whether you need to update the item in list B or the item in list C.

Here is an example of updating the item in list B.

Image reference:

12.PNG13.PNG

I don't know if my explanation can make you understand, please be patient and try to create a similar Flow.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,247)