cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikelpower
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint list owshiddenversion property (Json)

Hello,

I am buiding a flow where I use the version history of a sharepoint list following the process described on the link (http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/5/microsoft-flow-sharepoint-trigger-on-specific-fields-changed-via-sp-h...).

In this tutorial they use the "VersionLabel" property, buy looking into the Json of versions I realize that there is another property that may be more interesting (is a number, not a string), this property is "owshiddenversion".

I see that in some point of the historical versions of the list I am working with, the number of owshiddenversion is higher than VersionLabel.

Do you think I could use owshiddenversion?

What is the difference between both?

Regards!

1 REPLY 1
aprildunnam
Power Participant
Power Participant

The way I understand the owshiddenversion is it isn't tied to versioning.  It's a special property that SharePoint uses to aid in conflict detection.  It's how SharePoint tells if you are trying to update an old version of a form.  For example, say you and I are in the edit screen for the same record in SharePoint at the same time.  If you save your change before me  then i go in to save my change, the owshiddenversion property is going to kick in and throw an error because I'm in an older version of the form.  When I loaded the form it was owshiddenversion 0 but after you saved it then it became version 1.  When I got to save mine it does a check for the most recent version and if they don't match is detects a conflict.  So to answer your question, no i don't think you should use that property instead because the use case is different.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (28,103)