cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlyssaM

Sharepoint list to planner task incorporating o365

Hello there! 

I am trying to create a flow to where an item in sharepoint list is created and once I assign it to someone in my office365 group, I'd like it to create a task in planner assigned to that person. Then once the task is marked as completed in planner it will change the status on the item in sharepoint to completed. I've seen flow solutions for planner and sharpening but none that included o365 group and flow back into sharepoint

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

1 REPLY 1
MarvinBangert
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @AlyssaM 

In your SharePoint list you should have a person field to assign the item to someone. You need two flows to achieve this, the first flow triggers when an item is created or modified and creates a Planner Task using the action "Create a task". For the trigger in the "when an item is created or modified" you should consider using a trigger condition, you can find more information here: Power Automate Trigger Conditions made EASY - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

The second flow will have a Trigger from Planner "when a task is completed". To find the correct item in your SharePoint list in your first flow you should consider to use an update sharepoint item in the end of your flow, to save the ID of your created Planner task back to SharePoint, so you can easily find it when trying to update the status from the second flow. In the second flow first you need an "SharePoint - get items" action with a filter on your PlannerID Column (from SharePoint) to get the items from SharePoint (Otherwise you can also filter for title, person etc. but this can be pretty difficult, if you don't have unique information).

After getting your item, you can use the "SharePoint - update item" action to update your SharePoint item to "completed".

Hope this helps you!

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,290)