cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tyringmybest
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint list updated with an email reply

I am half way building a "service desk" type of list on Sharepoint with Outlook being the main correspondence method. I have created a flow that currently:

1. Reads an email coming into a shared inbox and creates a new sharepoint list item, and also attached the email to the list item and even sends an email back to the sender

2. I now want to work out a flow that monitors the shared inbox and identifies a reply and then updates the existing sharepoint list item it relates to. Im not sure if it should be looking for the sharepoint ID in the subject, or another method. Should I create a seperate flow or modify the original that creates the new items? 

Can any please suggest best approach? ThanksCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@tyringmybest 

You need to develop a new flow that runs on the below trigger

Mira_Ghaly_0-1600758143337.png

And you need to extract the subject from the email and use it in Get Items Filter Query to get your sharepoint list item to update it

Mira_Ghaly_1-1600758409104.png

Filter Query 

endswith(title,expressionBelow)

Expression:

split(triggerOutputs()?['body/subject'],':')[1]

where the expression used assumes the reply is in the format RE: Subject

Hope this gives you an idea!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@tyringmybest 

You need to develop a new flow that runs on the below trigger

Mira_Ghaly_0-1600758143337.png

And you need to extract the subject from the email and use it in Get Items Filter Query to get your sharepoint list item to update it

Mira_Ghaly_1-1600758409104.png

Filter Query 

endswith(title,expressionBelow)

Expression:

split(triggerOutputs()?['body/subject'],':')[1]

where the expression used assumes the reply is in the format RE: Subject

Hope this gives you an idea!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
emseki
Community Support
Community Support

Thank you for sharing your issue. In addition to the way @Mira_Ghaly provided, I recommend to use a unique tracking ID in the subject for each thread. You can easily identify the thread and SharePoint item by this.

MH3
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @tyringmybest ,  @Mira_Ghaly 
You solved your problem, I have exactly the same flow.

Can you please show me the flow steps and where did you used the condition? because right now it's saving all the emails in the list and even creating a new record of a email which is already there, I am unable to put the condition can you help me?

amenegatti

Hello Team! 

I have created the below flow based on the above but for some reason cannot get it to update the existing item it just creates a new one everyone someone replies? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,787)