cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Sharepoint lists flow

Hello:

Is it possible to multiply two list field with flow and store in a diferent list ??

Can I store a calculated list field to a variable? I can´t see the calculated field.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

HI @fms,

Could you please share a bit more about your SharePoint list?

Do you want to multiply two fields for a SharePoint list within a flow and store the result in a field of a different list?

I have created a two SharePoint lists on my side and the data structure of it as below:2.JPG

3.JPG

For your first question, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

Within Result field of "Create item" action, type the following formula:

mul(triggerBody()?['Multiplier1'],triggerBody()?['Multiplier2'])

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

For your second question, the Calculated field of a SharePoint list is not available in Microsoft Flow, we could not assign a value to the Calculated field or update the value of the Calculated field in Microsoft Flow. So I afraid that there is no way to store a Calculated field to a variable.

In addition, if you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

HI @fms,

Could you please share a bit more about your SharePoint list?

Do you want to multiply two fields for a SharePoint list within a flow and store the result in a field of a different list?

I have created a two SharePoint lists on my side and the data structure of it as below:2.JPG

3.JPG

For your first question, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

Within Result field of "Create item" action, type the following formula:

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

For your second question, the Calculated field of a SharePoint list is not available in Microsoft Flow, we could not assign a value to the Calculated field or update the value of the Calculated field in Microsoft Flow. So I afraid that there is no way to store a Calculated field to a variable.

In addition, if you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-xida-msft Thank you for your answer.

That is exactly what I tried, but when I want to add the expression to the result filed I receive an error in expresion.

If I copy 

to the result field  the flow fails because it places as string not an expression.

For the calcualetd field what I want is to store the value in other list field, but I can´t select it.

I am writing a full description of my lists and operations, I will publish in short.

Thanks in advance 

Regular Visitor

My fault.

I was using ";" as separator between arguments in mul() as I use to do in Powerapps (Language Spanish change separatot) instead of ",".

I try with "," as separator and everything works fine.

In relation with calculated columns, what I really want to achive is:

List1 :

columns:

Hours int

PriceperHour int

Total calculated Hours*PriceperHour

List2 

columns

Total int

When I create an Item in list1 I want a workflow to create an Item in List2 with List2:Total=List1:Total.

List1:Total is calculated column so everytime I create or update the list this column wil be recalculated in sharepoint online and the workflow will add to list2:Total I don´t need calculations inside the workflow

I can´t find list1:Total to add to list2:total in create item list2 step 

Thanks for your answer

Mult() solve (My fault)

I think calculated is also solved because it is not possible right now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,637)