cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint to Word Template Multiple Choice Questions

Hi - I was setting up my first flow from Sharepoint to Word Template yesterday and didn't realize that you want to select the field name with value at the end. However once I did for fields with multiple choice options I get a select options from previous step... but I have no idea what to do with that. I have about 3 or 4 fields with multiple choice options, so any help would be great. 

Thanks,

Nick

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @nmartunas 

You will have to use a for each action and get all the values of the column, and for each of them, add to a string variable, so you can use it in Word.

Have a look at this example:

assign.png

1) Get all the items in a list called "Tasks".

2) For each item.

3) Read the "Assigned To" colum, which is a multi-value one.

4) For each "Assigned To" value, we get the email and append it to a string variable separated by a ";".

So you should do something similar with all the columns with multiple values, and the user the variables when passing the data to Word.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

I appreciate those instructions, but being so new with Flow and especially this concept, I'm a little lost with where these variables should go in my flow.

here is what I have ....ok I don't have permissions to upload images...

anyways so I have 1st step when an Item is created coming from Sharepoint - step 2 is Populate to Microsoft word template.  and the first field in question is called Risk Assessment....

Ultimately what I am trying to do is print the info that is entered into this sharepoint site- either that be to PDF or paper, maybe I'm going about it the long way....or maybe this is the easiest way to do it...Any suggestions on that would be great.

Thanks,

Nick

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,456)