cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RitaAguiar
Level 8

Sharepoint workflow appearing on the wrong library

Hello,

I created a SharePoint workflow that should be executed when the user applies it to a document in Library 1 and which creates a copy of the document in Library 2. This workflow should only be used in the documents of Library 1. However, it appears as an option to apply to the documents in Library 2.

Is there a way to avoid having the option of applying the workflow to the documents in Library 2? I know it appears on this library because this workflow uses Library 2 to create the copy, but I do not want to have the option of applying this workflow to the documents in Library 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint workflow appearing on the wrong library

Hi @RitaAguiar ,

Could you share screenshots and details of Flow configuration?

It seems that you can avoid this problem as long as you don't set Library 2 in Library Name field in action and trigger.

You could consider deleting or turning the flow that is copied as a template. It may be because the trigger is consistent, so both flows are triggered and executed.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RitaAguiar
Level 8

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

There are only one single flow and two libraries:

What this flow does is: it copies a file in Library 1 to Library 2. This flow is meant to be applied only to Library 1 documents. However, I have the option to apply this flow to Library 2 documents, this is because this flow references Library 2 as it copies files from Library 1 to Library 2.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RitaAguiar ,

Could you share screenshots of the Flow configuration?

I am presumptuous, I can't understand what you mean. If you don't want to use Library 2, you can choose not to configure any information about Library 2.

It is recommended to explain your issue with a screenshot.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RitaAguiar
Level 8

@v-bacao-msft 

The flow 'Send Request for Approval' is supposed to be used on documents inserted in Library 1: Contractor Library Edit.

Library 1.pngThis is Library 1

The flow 'Send Request for Approval'  creates a copy of the file in Library 2: BET Library Edit-only.

Library 2.pngLibrary 2

The issue here is that I do not wish to have the option to apply the flow 'Send Request for Approval' to the documents in Library 2: BET Library Read-only.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RitaAguiar ,

Thank for your reply.

You could try to find this Flow and delete it.

I did a test on my side. If I deleted the corresponding Flow, it will not be displayed in the Flow option.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

RitaAguiar
Level 8

@v-bacao-msft  un? Why would I delete the flow? I need it to be used in Library 1. If I delete it I will no longer be able to use it in Library 1.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RitaAguiar ,

I mean to delete the one contained in Library 2.

Best Regards,

RitaAguiar
Level 8

@v-bacao-msft 

How do I delete the flow from Library 2 without deleting it from Library 1?Create Flows.pngHere's how I create a flow

Delete Flows.pngAnd here's how I delete a flow

As you can see, I only have the option to completely delete the flow, not delete it from a specific Library.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RitaAguiar ,

What do you mean if this Flow is removed from My flows, will the Flow option in both libraries remove the Flow?

It’s weird, it doesn’t seem to have this effect.

If you have previously used another Flow as the template to create current Flow, then there should be two Flows in My Flows list.

A template Flow, a newly created Flow, will only appear in Flow options of Library specified by trigger-For a selected file.

Best regards,

RitaAguiar
Level 8

@v-bacao-msft 
I mean, I don't have the option to remove a flow from a Library.
I only have the option to disable the flow completely from appearing.

I can't remember anymore but I believe some of these flows were created from copies of previous flows created (this is because they are all very similar).

Nonetheless, the 'Send Request for Approval' flow was the first created, and thus it was a newly created flow.

"A template Flow, a newly created Flow, will only appear in Flow options of Library specified by trigger-For a selected file." -> Well, apparently this is not the case for me as it is also appearing on another library (the library to where the selected file is copied)

RitaAguiar
Level 8

@v-bacao-msft 

Do you know How do I create a new template without being obliged to the flow templates? These templates are apparently limiting myself on which options I can choose from. For example, I chose the second (ask for approval), and I couldn't select the 'For a selected item' because it doesn't appear.

Templates.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RitaAguiar ,

If you want to select a template directly in SharePoint, you could choose Complete a custom action for the selected item.

I am not sure which language you are using, maybe you could find it by following the screenshot:

24.PNG

Or you could find it through this link.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

RitaAguiar
Level 8

Thanks @v-bacao-msft, I will try that and see if it works.

The thing is, I posted this question to power apps and someone told me that to avoid having a flow appearing in more than one library when it's not meant to that then I should create the flow directly from the library, like so:

Templates.png

RitaAguiar
Level 8

@v-bacao-msft 

Update

I have tried creating one of my flows from scratch and directly in the library where the flow is applied, however, that still did not prevent SharePoint from enabling this workflow from appearing in the library to which the workflow copies the file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 318 members 5,703 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: