cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
in2217
Level 8

SharerPoint Get Items filter question

I'm trying to geat a value from a SharePoint list for the given key string.

The list has two columns: Title and Emails. Title is the built-in standard SharePoint list column and Emails is a custom column for string values.

Looking for the column internal name either via column editing URL or by looking the the page source code, I do not see the funny chars there used to be for internal names of the list columns but only the display name of the column that is fine with me but strange.

The flow is triggered manually and gets string input.

It then initiates one variable 'mykey'  with this input and another one with empty string to put the result later.

Next I use "Get Items" and indicate the SharePoint site and list. So far all is good and flow brings all the records from the list. Field names in the resulting JSON are as appear in the column definition, no fancy chars there as well.

Now I'm trying to to use the Filter option to get the value for spefic key supplied to the flow input.

If the filter criteria is set in the flow for a string it works fine. But when I'm trying to use a variable from the input, it does not work: tried using Input, initialize the variable with the content of Input, quotes, no quotes, variables('mykey'), various expressions...  condition written as "Eq" and "eq".  Nothing works.

What am I missing?

Error samples are below.

Thank you.

Title Eq mykey (dynamic content)

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "The expression \"Title Eq mytestlist\" is not valid.\r\nclientRequestId: 13d0ce86-8dc4-4df6-892f-ce61889cde0e\r\nserviceRequestId: 3bf0b79e-c0e5-8000-a4a8-ed8dcce48067"
}

Title Eq 'mykey' (dynamic content) - single quotes

results in

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "The expression \"Title Eq 'mytestlist'\" is not valid.\r\nclientRequestId: 82af3544-f762-42ae-95db-f06bf9a9ea2e\r\nserviceRequestId: 20f0b79e-9072-8000-a865-8015cbc42540"
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharerPoint Get Items filter question

Hi @in2217,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow?

It seems that you are trying to use Odata filter query in action Get items in your flow.

I have made the following test based on your description, please take it for a reference.

Trigger the flow by a Button, add a Text input.

Initialize variable, set its Name as mykey, type as String, and Value as the dynamic content Input from the trigger.

In the action Get items, input the following code in Filter query field:

Title eq ‘mykey’

Note: please make sure the dynamic content is surrounded by a single quote.

A screenshot for your reference.

3.PNG4.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @in2217,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow?

It seems that you are trying to use Odata filter query in action Get items in your flow.

I have made the following test based on your description, please take it for a reference.

Trigger the flow by a Button, add a Text input.

Initialize variable, set its Name as mykey, type as String, and Value as the dynamic content Input from the trigger.

In the action Get items, input the following code in Filter query field:

Title eq ‘mykey’

Note: please make sure the dynamic content is surrounded by a single quote.

A screenshot for your reference.

3.PNG4.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

in2217
Level 8

Perferct! Thank you very much, v-yamao-msft. It was about quotes around the dynamic value of the variable that were missing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 414 members 6,108 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: