cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergeluca
MVP

Sharing Flow and connection

Hello,

I would like to create a Flow that is triggered if a new document is uploaded to OneDrive for Business  this is easy.

However I would like the Flow to also be shared with X (Team flow).  

When I created the Flow the connection was link to my account ->it is only triggered if a new document is uploaded on my Onderdive 4B. Not on X OneDrive. How can I make it more generic ?

Thank you

Serge

6 REPLIES 6
telu
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @sergeluca,

Currently you can let the flow either use your connection or use X connection. I'm not sure if there was a team onedrive.

The flow would be triggerred only when a new document is uploaded on X onedrive when changed connection.

Thanks

Hello,

thank you for your answer; do you mean each user needs to edit the flow and change the OneDrive connection ?

No, only one time change is needed, and the others who use the flow would use the updated connection.

Thanks

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Serge,

Like @telu said, all you need to do is that change the OneDrive connection to the correct account/folder in your flow and all the other users who are using this flow will get the update too.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.

But if I have 100 users and I want to create a generic flow.

Ex: each employee has a Onedrive4Business and every time a document is uploaded on their personal onedrive they will get an e-mail and if they approve it the document will be shared in a central SharePoint site.

I have 100 employees; the flow needs to be generic in order to work on the employee onedrive; does that mean that each employee will have to change the connection ? 

Serge

Hi Serge,

If you want each user to not only approve the shared documents but also their own personal OneDrive file, then they will have to user their own authentication to access their personal OneDrive. But if all the files that need to be approved are within the same shared folder in OneDrive, then I think all the users can use the same flow. You, as the administator can create this flow and then share it with all the users.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,449)