cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilR
Regular Visitor

Showing approved by and date - SharePoint Columns

I have a workflow set up which is a manual trigger for approval from within a Teams Channel (SharePoint) once the document has been approved it is copied to another Teams Channel (SharePoiint).  The workflow is working fine, however I have been asked if its possible to add, an approved by column and approval date.  I am a bit stuck on what my options are, do I need to create columns in SharePoint to allow this and then add an update properties once copied??  I have attached a screenshot (if this is not allowed apologies please let me know if its to be done another way)

So 2 items I need assistance or pointing in the right direction

1 - Do I need to add columns to SharePoint first?  How do I go about this and is there a tutorial somewhere?

2 - What is the best or correct flow addition to update the status of the file in the copied approved folder?

NeilR_0-1647503082948.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NeilR 

Yes, first you need to create two columns ‘Approved by’ and ‘Approved date’ in the target library.

You can create a column of type ‘Single line of text’ to display the name of the approver, and add a column of type ‘Date and time’ to store the time when the approval is completed

vLilyWmsft_4-1647839619383.png

vLilyWmsft_5-1647839668398.png

Below are the two columns I created in the target library.

vLilyWmsft_6-1647839713160.png

Then you need to add Update file properties action to update Approved by and Approved date column.

vLilyWmsft_8-1647840240449.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my reply helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-LilyW-msft,

could you tell me how you added or got approved by and approved date on update file properties? Mine doesn't have that option. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,849)