cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samuels315
Frequent Visitor

Sign off status not updating

Hi

Using the pre-existing request manager approval work flow created an approval flow to request manager approval for a specific file, but I am not able to get the sign off status column to update to reflect the status of 'pending, approved or rejected', the below shows the attempted final step that I am trying to add to the flow

Capture approval.PNG

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The Set Content Approval Status action sets a status field that is added to a list or library when you turn on Require Content Approval in the list settings. But you mention the Sign Off Status column, which is created when you use the built in Request Sign Off workflow.  These are different columns. To update the Sign-Off status column use the regular SharePoint Update File Properties action.  You will see the Sign-Off status in there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

View solution in original post

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Samuels315 ,

Have your problem been solved?

If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Samuels315 

Can you share a screenshot of the entire flow and the error portion from the flow run history? We need to verify the outputs that are being returned in the "Sign of Status" dynamic content as the values are fixed for the Action attribute of the Set content approval status action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 

the screen shots are below

1122334455667 - part that fails7 - part that fails

Hey @Samuels315 

I would suggest you to use the Start and Wait for an Approval action for this one as the flow will then wait for the approver to respond to the approval. Then use the Outcome dynamic content of the Approval action to check if the outcome was Approve. If yes (as you have in the branch right now) directly set the action as Approve as it has been approved and you do not have to set the dynamic content for it.  Makes sense?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The Set Content Approval Status action sets a status field that is added to a list or library when you turn on Require Content Approval in the list settings. But you mention the Sign Off Status column, which is created when you use the built in Request Sign Off workflow.  These are different columns. To update the Sign-Off status column use the regular SharePoint Update File Properties action.  You will see the Sign-Off status in there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

Hi @Samuels315 ,

Please share the run history of the flow and error message on the "Set content approval status" action so we would better understand your issue and provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Samuels315 ,

Have your problem been solved?

If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best regards,

Alice       

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (4,860)