cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drummer
Helper II
Helper II

Simple Compare Date - Can't find solution

My flow is simple.  Trying to compare project start date with time now and if project start date is earlier (eg. less) than today  then Yes. This flow runs but no matter what I try I cannot get a yes so I am assuming either I've editing this too many times and it's corrupt (is that possible or how to tell) or I'm missing some secret answer to how one component works that I'm not getting value to compare.

I've tried yyyy-MM-dd format with and without timestamp. I've converted the dates to ticks and divided out to get days for smaller numbers but can't get the condition to give me a yes.  What is wrong? with date formats to make a simple condition not work with power automate comparing dates. 

1. Dataverse when the project start date field is modified

drummer_1-1666535125465.png

2. Converted both dates to format

drummer_2-1666535144447.png

3. Create ticks (since I couldn't get the yyyy-MM-dd to compare (I've tried just day and then with longer date format as is here) as I've seen so now moved to ticks - I can confirm the ticks calculate a number is shown 

drummer_4-1666535308888.png

4. Is less than condition (just with some limitation of a test record as I test)

drummer_5-1666535459624.png

What am I missing? Any expert help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @drummer 

Thanks for the screenshare. The issue was not related to date. The issue was related to status code text value which you are comparing. 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @drummer 

Thanks for the screenshare. The issue was not related to date. The issue was related to status code text value which you are comparing. 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
drummer
Helper II
Helper II

Yes exactly I was comparing a value "new" but not using right field for name so it was comparing 1 to "New" vs . New to new. ty super helpful

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,349)