cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joncam
Level: Power Up

Simple MS forms to email flow issues

Hi,

I have created a simple flow where as soon as someone completes a MS form, the form responses are sent to a particular email account.

I copied and amended a previous form and I copied and amended a previos flow. This updated form and flow has an issue - as soon as the form is completed the flow triggers the email with the responses but is also triggers another email that contains the email response of the original copied form with its corresponding form response ID. So if response 11 replies to the new form, response 11 from the original form is also triggered.

There is nothing in the flow from the original form or form responses.

The new form has a different name than the original - although I noticed that when selecting the form in Flow, the actual forms list does not update. For example, I created a couple of test forms and then deleted them. In my forms account they are no longer there, but when I access my forms list in Flow, all the old forms are still there.

I have not tried to create a new flow from scratch as this will take ages, although I will if members of this forum suggest that is my best option.

Any feedback would be useful.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
barret
Level: Powered On

Re: Simple MS forms to email flow issues

I also ran into this issue when copying a flow that accessed a MS Form. I was never able to fix the copied flow, but when I deleted the copied flow and created a new flow from scratch, it worked just fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @joncam, when you delete a form in Forms it will still show up in Flow until you also delete it from Forms' recycle bin which appears down at the bottom of right of your screen with a trash can icon if you have something in the recycle bin. Flow looks at both the live forms and those in the recycle bin. So unless you might need to restore a form for some reason always also delete it in the recycle bin.

As to your problem with your flow, if you could post a screenshot of it with all the actions exapanded we can take a look.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

barret
Level: Powered On

I also ran into this issue when copying a flow that accessed a MS Form. I was never able to fix the copied flow, but when I deleted the copied flow and created a new flow from scratch, it worked just fine.

View solution in original post

joncam
Level: Power Up

@barret @RobElliott 

Thanks for this - I have looked at the forms page many times but had not noticed the bin at the bottom right!

I will re-create the flow from scratch - all form items in the flow are definately from the correct form.

Appreciate your responses.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,742)