cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simple Question: Filter Query Where Excel Column Name Has a Space

I can get the following filter query to work (shown with space removed) UNLESS I have a space in the Excel column name (e.g., Remediation Responsibility). I have tried both single and double quotes and neither works. Adding "_x0020_" as the space also doesn't wk. Can't Flow accommodate a space in the Excel column name?

// Wks
RemediationResponsibility eq 'Customer'

// Doesn't Wk
'Remediation Responsibility' eq 'Customer'
// Doesn't Wk
"Remediation Responsibility" eq 'Customer'
// Doesn't Wk
Remediation_x0020_Responsibility eq 'Customer'

Flow Filter query with spaces.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately, the Filter Query in List rows present in a table action does not support the use of fields with spaces in the field name as filter parameters.

This is a known limitation. If you want similar functionality to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for a similar idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Have-Consistency-in-on-Filter-Query-and-Order-By-on-Excel/idi-p/297122

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately, the Filter Query in List rows present in a table action does not support the use of fields with spaces in the field name as filter parameters.

This is a known limitation. If you want similar functionality to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for a similar idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Have-Consistency-in-on-Filter-Query-and-Order-By-on-Excel/idi-p/297122

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
yashm
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, I am trying to do the same. Has this feature been added?

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,390)