cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkowal

Simple flow to post chat to teams

I'm trying to create a basic flow that will send a chat to a user via chatbot if certain condition in D365 CRM is met. 

If a field on opportunity form, Product Category = Barcode (from an option set), then send a chat to a teams user. Below is my flow:

Screenshot 2022-08-10 170359.png

When a run a manual test of the flow and then modify an opportunity record to meet the Product Category=Barcode condition, the flow succeeds but does not send a chat. When i go to the flow details I expand the post to chat and see this message "ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action 'Post_message_in_a_chat_or_channel' skipped: the branching condition for this action is not satisfied." What am I doing wrong here?
Screenshot 2022-08-10 171115.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It turns out the Barcode value was coming across as a number value (like 655432). So i just updated the value from Barcode to the number value and it now works. Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Your condition isn't being met, so it's not running. Are you sure that the Dataverse column is just "Barcode" as a string, no spaces, no encoding, no look-up? 

Take a look at the output of your trigger when it runs, and find the Product Category - can you post a screenshot of what it looks like in the JSON? 

If it looks normal, then, we may just need to encase both sides with string()

It turns out the Barcode value was coming across as a number value (like 655432). So i just updated the value from Barcode to the number value and it now works. Thanks for your help!

Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

You're welcome.. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,044)