cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LadyPatience
Frequent Visitor

Simple 'match date in Excel to today and send email' trouble.

Hi all. This is a simple thing, and I have used guides here to help me. This topic - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Stuck-on-getting-flow-to-find-todays-date... solved my problem for a moment, but now it is broken again.

I have a form, which sends its responses to a spreadsheet on OneDrive. One of the fields is a date field, and I have another field which formats that date as 'yyyyMMdd' as per the link above. In Power Automate, I have a condition with 'Date' is equal to 

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyyMMdd'). If the dates match, it triggers an email.

This worked (after some jiggery pokery), so I got too big for my boots, and thought "actually, I would like to send the email the next day", so I added a day to the date field in Excel, and changed the expression to 
formatDateTime(utcNow()+1,'yyyyMMdd'). This did not work, so, deciding to stick with what does work, I changed both back. And it doesn't work.

I have uploaded screenshots - I would expect it to send an email for the two dates 20200306 lines, but it does not. 

What am I missing, please? I've been fumbling through learning Power Automate, but this has stumped me.

Thank you in advance.Flow as it is configuredFlow as it is configuredDates in the Excel FileDates in the Excel FileOutcomeOutcome
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LadyPatience
Frequent Visitor

This message was marked as spam (for whatever reason) and I managed to figure it out eventually before it was released by the spam filter. So no need to respond. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LadyPatience
Frequent Visitor

This message was marked as spam (for whatever reason) and I managed to figure it out eventually before it was released by the spam filter. So no need to respond. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,612)