cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rys
Advocate II
Advocate II

Single Apostrophe Issues

I have been trying to figure this out for ages and I absolutely cannot make this work.

I have two sharepoint lists, one syncs off the other. The first list is populated by an online form where people input their names. If people have an ' in their name, such as O'Toole, then the sync fails. I'm trying to use a filter array to add an extra apostrophe, but I'm not having any luck. Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rys ,

You seem to be mistaken about the purpose of the Filter array. It is used to filter items and cannot be used to change items.

Moreover, the replace () function is a string function and does not have the function of logical judgment, so using the replace () function in the Filter array is invalid.

If you want to update items, you need to use the Update items action.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm looking for the step before that. I can update items without issue, so long as there is no apostrophe.

As soon as I put an apostrophe into the mix, to try and run a match on the names (I don't want to add the name to the second list if it already exists there), then the flow fails. I'm matching the first name and last name on each list. If it doesn't exist, it creates a new entry, if it exists, it updates the entry.

There are suggestions here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/escape-quote/td-p/16009

and here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Using-a-value-with-a-single-quote-as-an-Odata-fil...

but neither of them are working for me, most likely because I don't have the syntax/setup correct. Thus the reason I am posting.

Also, if replace cannot be used on the filter array, why would it come up as an option in the filter array? What would I use instead?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,228)