cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rys
Level: Powered On

Single Apostrophe Issues

I have been trying to figure this out for ages and I absolutely cannot make this work.

I have two sharepoint lists, one syncs off the other. The first list is populated by an online form where people input their names. If people have an ' in their name, such as O'Toole, then the sync fails. I'm trying to use a filter array to add an extra apostrophe, but I'm not having any luck. Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Single Apostrophe Issues

Hi @rys ,

You seem to be mistaken about the purpose of the Filter array. It is used to filter items and cannot be used to change items.

Moreover, the replace () function is a string function and does not have the function of logical judgment, so using the replace () function in the Filter array is invalid.

If you want to update items, you need to use the Update items action.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
rys
Level: Powered On

Re: Single Apostrophe Issues

I'm looking for the step before that. I can update items without issue, so long as there is no apostrophe.

As soon as I put an apostrophe into the mix, to try and run a match on the names (I don't want to add the name to the second list if it already exists there), then the flow fails. I'm matching the first name and last name on each list. If it doesn't exist, it creates a new entry, if it exists, it updates the entry.

There are suggestions here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/escape-quote/td-p/16009

and here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Using-a-value-with-a-single-quote-as-an-Odata-fil...

but neither of them are working for me, most likely because I don't have the syntax/setup correct. Thus the reason I am posting.

Also, if replace cannot be used on the filter array, why would it come up as an option in the filter array? What would I use instead?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,039)