cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aashu0704
Frequent Visitor

Site page approval timeout issues

Hi,

I have created a news approval flow using site page approval. For this the trigger condition i used is "For selected item". Flow have multilayer approval and for this i am using "Start and wait for approval". the flow is running fine but when i tried to use timeout because sometimes flow run for more than 30 days. flow gets timeout (used example PT1D). but it is not starting it again.

Note: i have created StartWH cloumn(yes/no)

Trigger: @not(equals(triggerBody()?[StartWF]),'No'))

6 REPLIES 6
JimmyWork
Super User
Super User

@Aashu0704 Have you checked out this: https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/blogs/how-to-increase-powerautomate-timeout-more-than-30-days

The limit is 30 days if you create a logic apps instead I believe you can run it for 90 days

@JimmyWork in the above article the trigger event is "When item is created or modified". it is working with this case, but in my case trigger event is "For Selected item". the same logic is not working here.

Aashu0704
Frequent Visitor

@MarconettiMarco @Pstork1 @Rhiassuring @ScottShearer @GeorgiosG 

Can anyone help on the above issues?

Flows that timeout won't restart automatically.  The easiest way to handle it is to record something in the list when the flow starts.  Then create another flow that uses a recurrence trigger to start every 30 days and have it resend the approval if the last one timed out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for your reply.

Can you share some reference for this.

Are you asking for documentation that states that timed out flows don't restart?  There is no specific documentation that specifies that flows don't restart automatically.  Its just the way it works. Once a flow instance times out it has to either be manually resubmitted or re-triggered by a new event.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,139)