cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDinho

Site permission problems in automated ticket system

Hello all,

I've constructed a ticket system using Microsoft Power Automate, Forms and SharePoint. The idea is that users create their ticket in Forms, after which Power Automate will enter the given information in a SharePoint list. All of this works perfectly, however, I am not happy with the site permissions.

In order for someone to be able to create a ticket using the system described above, I need to assign them 'Edit' rights in SharePoint or else Power Automate returns an authorisation error. Obviously, I don't want to assign 'Edit' rights to all the users of the ticket system because I don't want to run the risk that everyone can change anything they woud like. My preferred solution would be to assign them 'Read' rights so they can monitor, but not change, the tickets.

I have a solution in my head where I use Power Automate to regulate the account with which the ticket is created. I could then switch the user account to, for example, an admin account so authorisation is never an issue. However, I do need to preserve the details of the original user to know where the ticket came from.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Barry,

Thank you for your reply. Over the weekend, I began tinkering with SharePoint and I found that the solution is to create a new usergroup and assign those the exact rights that I wanted them to have. This means that I now have a custom usergroup with users who can only create and view tickets, instead of being able to edit and delete them.

That means that my issue has been solved 🙂

With kind regards,

RDinho

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RDinho ,

So far, have you created Flow based on your ideas, what is its current specific configuration?

For assigning permissions to the SharePoint list, please refer to this blog:

assign-unique-permissions-to-a-document-with-the-new-send-an-http-request-to-sharepoint-action-how-t...

For detailed information about getting users, you can get it through Get user profile action.

Based on your description alone, it is difficult for us to provide you with a suitable Flow template. Please try to create a similar Flow based on your own ideas. If you encounter any difficulties, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Barry,

Thank you for your reply. Over the weekend, I began tinkering with SharePoint and I found that the solution is to create a new usergroup and assign those the exact rights that I wanted them to have. This means that I now have a custom usergroup with users who can only create and view tickets, instead of being able to edit and delete them.

That means that my issue has been solved 🙂

With kind regards,

RDinho

View solution in original post

Hi @RDinho ,

Great! If you have found a solution to your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" on the reply that describes how you were able to solve your issue!

This makes your post much easier for other members of the community to see and find when looking for a solution!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (55,477)