Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BP-PT
Helper II
Helper II

Skills Bucket as Variable

Hello,

Due to the inability of pulling 'skills' out from Delve, I'm now trying to create a bucket of skills assigned to each member of staff, so that it would be something like:

StaffMember1: Science, Maths, English, Spanish

StaffMember2: Science

StaffMember3: Geography, German

etc.

Is the best way of me trying to achieve this, to 'initialise variable', with me then having to add one skill against a 'StaffMember' variable each time?

If it helps at all, I'm essentially trying to create an approval process, where the person with a matching skill for something is then selected.

Any help is much appreciated 🙂

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25

Hello @Expiscornovus 

Apologies for the delayed update on this...

I've now only just began testing this more thoroughly with there being multiple people listed, with multiple skills. As far as I've experienced, this does not appear to be functional when having multiple users listed against one skill (albeit on separate lines of the code).

With the below, the approval only goes out to one user, even when having multiple users listed as an individual under one particular area:

[
{
"Skill": "English",
"StaffMember": "user1@emailaddress.co.uk"
},
{
"Skill": "English",
"StaffMember": "user2@emailaddress.co.uk"
},

{
"Skill": "Maths",
"StaffMember": "user3@emailaddress.co.uk"
},

{
"Skill": "Maths",
"StaffMember": "user1@emailaddress.co.uk"
}
]

BP-PT
Helper II
Helper II

Would really appreciate any help on this at all.

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @BP-PT,

The current solution should list all the staff members who have that skill.

Below is an example of my test.

Let me know if your tests get a different result. If so, can you share a bit more details about it?

twostaffmembers.png

Hi @Expiscornovus , 

Thank you very much for your response, much appreciated.

Please see below for some further details on how my flow is currently working - which is not working as intended (at least with regards to this element of the flow). As previously mentioned, although this flow will send out an approval request, it will not work properly when there are two or more users that are listed as having the same (required) skill...

BPPT_0-1631551473196.png

BPPT_1-1631551491294.png

BPPT_2-1631551555169.png

BPPT_3-1631551577735.png

Thanks,

Billy

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @BP-PT,

If you want to assign multiple people to one approval you could use a select and a join function to assigned the found staffmembers to the assigned to field of the approval.

Below is an example of that approach.

1. Add a Select. Use the body field of the Filter Array action in the From field. Switch to map to text mode in the Map field and item the holds the e-mail address. In my example that is:

item()?['StaffMember']

2. Add a Start and Wait for an approval. In the assigned to field use the below expression. Don't forget to add another semi-colon character at the end.

join(body('Select'),';')

semicolon_assignedto.png

Hi @Expiscornovus ,

Really appreciate your response, thank you. I'm sorry, but please would you be able to provide me with a few more specifics, as I'm a bit confused as to what you're suggesting - apologies. I've never had to do this before, so am a little unsure with it all..

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,148)