cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertknightsol

Skip Flow if I mark task complete in Planner (Update the task if the approval request is rejected against a Planner task)

Hi Guys

I have used the flow template "Update the task if the approval request is rejected against a Planner task", which works great.

However, I want the flow to NOT trigger if I am the one marking the task complete in planner.

How do I achieve this?

5 REPLIES 5
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @robertknightsol 

In the settings of the "When a task is completed" trigger action, you could add a trigger condition with the following expression:

@not(equals(triggerBody()['CompletedBy/user/displayName'],'My Name'))

Which basically means that the flow will be triggered if the completedBy Display Name of the user is not "My Name".

notme.png

According to the documentation, we can only access to the display name of the user who marked the task as completed, but not the email or any other kind of attribute: Planner - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi Ferran

Thanks for this. 

Tried and it still is sending me approvals for tasks I mark as completed (as well as ones other mark as completed). 

Here is the screen shot (not sure how to embed in post?)

Any ideas?

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @robertknightsol 

But you should replace "my name" by your real name as it is displayed in your profile in Office 365 🙂

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi Ferran

Silly me - obvious. Sure you can tell I am new to this! 😏

I changed as suggested - however Tasks I mark as complete in Planner are still coming to me for approval. Here is what I have:

@not(equals(triggerBody()['CompletedBy/user/displayName'],'Robert Hudman'))

Office 365 User Name shows as 'Robert Hudman'

Any ideas?

robertknightsol

@fchopo 

Any thoughts here?

This is still not working for me. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,767)