cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip an approver and move further

Hello,

As title mentions, I would like to skip an approver if there's no value entered in approvers e-mail section and move to the next approver, would that be possible? Any help appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Alvydasg 

You can create an approval with different approvers, that will be sent in parallel and the result will depend on the first to respond:

Approval.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

I'm doing a chain of approvers, where everyone has to approve for item to be fully approved, so I believe your solution will not solve the problem.

I will try to elaborate on the issue. The one who triggers the flow has to enter 4 people e-mail addresses (approvers), in a case where creator didn't enter i.e. one e-mail address creating a document, I would like for flow to work only with 3 approvers and skip the one who was not entered, although my flow moves to the next approver when the previous one APPROVES an item. Hope this clears up a bit.

Sorry, but I don't get your point... If an approver email is not entered, he/she won't receive any kind of approval!

Could you give more details so we can help you?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Yes, the approver where email is not entered will not get any message for item to be approved, but will the flow continue to the next approver where email is entered? or will it get stuck on the blank email?

@Alvydasg Thank you for your additional explanations.

Unfortnately, Emails entered in the Approval action must be valid at the time the flow runs.

So if one or more of your 4 Emails was not entered, the approval action will fail without sending any approval Email.

Best is probably to make the Email input fields mandatory (i.e to prevent the flow to run if not entered).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (73,911)