cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blublu1337
Frequent Visitor

Skipping over an approver if they've already approved

Hi guys,

I have a flow setup for a document that goes from one approver to the next in a sequential way based on job title. I've been using the 'Get Manager' connecter as a way to not have the form submitter (I'm using Forms as the trigger) have to enter in the email address of the next approver(s). 

Below is an example of a branch from my flow to illustrate

The problem here is that when a VP fills in this form, it makes it so that the president will have to approve it twice, once as the VP and the other time as the president. Is there a way for me to skip the 'President NH' step after he's already approved the first time? 

Flow 1Flow 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Where have to defined People who play these various roles? Are they hardcoded in the action? Also can you please clarify what do you mean President has to approve 2 times when VP submits form? Are you saying President has to approve once as a Manager of VP and then later as President NH?  If yes, May be you can add a condition above President approval to check if the same person matches output from Manager action? If yes, skip the approval...

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Where have to defined People who play these various roles? Are they hardcoded in the action? Also can you please clarify what do you mean President has to approve 2 times when VP submits form? Are you saying President has to approve once as a Manager of VP and then later as President NH?  If yes, May be you can add a condition above President approval to check if the same person matches output from Manager action? If yes, skip the approval...

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (98,013)