Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
akohli
Level: Power Up

Some tweets can't be saved to sharepoint list

Hi all!

I have a flow that grabs tweets matching a string and saves them to a Sharepoint List. SOMETIMES, when the tweet text includes some inpermissible characters, it errors out, quoting: `A text field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again.`

I'm looking for a way to protect the text field... but the only action I found was "convert html to text"... that doesn't do the trick. I'm looking for something that let's me for example only return the characters matching the regexp [A-Za-z0-9\@\#,\.] or some such. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Some tweets can't be saved to sharepoint list

You can add some basic logic that simply changes all of the unsupported characters to supported characters before uploading it to the SharePoint list using data operations. In laymans' terms, you'd build an array with basic logic that would change the unsupported characters to suported characters, and then you'd apply them using a for each loop.

Links:

akohli
Level: Power Up

Thanks Brad, man, that solution sounds a bit involved... much easier to just dump everything into an excel spreadsheet. Just confirms my prior bias... SharePoint Lists are terrible and should never be touched for any purpose whatsoever. Thanks tho!

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @akohli ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Flow doesn't support theWildcard currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,450)