Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aurora
Helper V
Helper V

Specific user gets "The response is not in a JSON format." error

Hi all, 

I have an approval flow that tracks the hours engineers at my company work. When I run the flow, it works as intended and all data is successfully passed along to where it needs to go. When a colleague of mine runs the flow, the flow fails after the approval decision and gives the error: "The response is not in a JSON format." I will include some images of the result when I run the flow vs when he does. Currently, he is the only user we have experienced this problem with. 

If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening or can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. 

Aurora_0-1639417014109.png

His run ^ 

My run v 

Aurora_1-1639417078496.png

The Flow: 

Aurora_3-1639417133200.png

Let me know if you need any more information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

No, I'm not completely sure what all you would need or be able to do depending on the security behind your sharepoint. You can navigate to the list and in the top right there is a settings (cog) icon, there is a List settings and a Site permissions, you can look around there. You could also try sharing the list with the user that it doesn't work for and give them edit rights.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

Can you share the update item in edit form (with sensitive information blacked out), if any information is used from the user, it may be that that information is blank or in the wrong format, for instance if "Id" shown in your image is the id of the user and is expecting number and it is and empty string, it might throw an error like that.

Aurora
Helper V
Helper V

@jdoss 

Aurora_0-1639419728524.pngAurora_1-1639419786661.png

I do see it says "Unauthorized" 

I don't have any issues with wrong formats personally, I believe all users should be entering the same types of data because of the form I am using in my app. 

Any suggestions?  

jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

Is the flow running under your account or is it shared with the person who is getting the error? If it running under them, then it is a permission on the sharepoint site/list.

Aurora
Helper V
Helper V

@jdoss 

I tried it with a test account and am getting another error, so I am guessing it has to do with the SharePoint list. Do you have any idea which security permission I would need to change to get around this problem? The users are still putting their data on the site no problem, the error occurs when trying to update a status column to either "Approved" or "Rejected".

Aurora_0-1639421963213.png

Test Account run

jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

No, I'm not completely sure what all you would need or be able to do depending on the security behind your sharepoint. You can navigate to the list and in the top right there is a settings (cog) icon, there is a List settings and a Site permissions, you can look around there. You could also try sharing the list with the user that it doesn't work for and give them edit rights.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,196)