cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackp514
Frequent Visitor

Speed Up Flow when Adding items to List

Need help on what direcition to take this flow.

jackp514_0-1617122261577.png

I am setting a timer to to pull our Work Orders from our ERP software using API Requests every hour. If the Status of the work order is set to "Billed" then I add it to a SharePoint list. 

Pulling 13,000 work orders every poll, 12,000 in billed status. Did a big run to get all the historical data so my list is populated correctly now. But now every run, flow is having to check through all records and fail out due to duplicate WO IDs in the SharePoint list just so I can add the one or two newly completed work orders.

What is the better way to handle this? Even with flow set to 50 concurrent runs it takes over 3 hours for the flow to complete.

jackp514_1-1617122481039.png

How do you filter down the array to only the new work orders before I start the "Create new item" step.

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi

Can you get the status billed ones only from the API?

Also you mentioned "But now every run, flow is having to check through all records and fail out due to duplicate WO IDs in the SharePoint list just so I can add the one or two newly completed work orders." 

Can't see the above logic from your screenshot? Could you please explain?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
jackp514
Frequent Visitor

No unfortunately the API has no filtering capabilities of its own. Best I can do is query all work orders.

Also, to explain further, I have the option set on the SharePoint list "Do Not Allow Duplicate Values" on the primary column which is "Work Order ID#"

So I'm relying on the SharePoint list to reject all items and only add new ones. 

Hello @jackp514 

You could count the number of items returned by the API call and the number of items stored in your SharePoint list. If the number of items returned by the API call is greater that the number of items stored in your SharePoint list, it means there are new items, so you could get the most recent items and create them in SharePoint list.

This would work assuming that the API returns the records always in the same order. Is that possible?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
jackp514
Frequent Visitor

I like this train of thought. Would get me a little closer. Let me go back to the API and see how it is ordering data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,086)