Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vsolanon
Helper III
Helper III

Split Person Name from a SharePoint list

Hello Experts!

I would like to confirm if it is possible to bring only the name of a person from a Person field in a SharePoint List.

I am creating a Flow which is connected to a SharePoint list. In the SP List I have a field named "Employee" with type:Person.

I would like to bring only the name of the employee, however I have not been able to. In flow, I noticed the option of "Employee Display Name", however, this option bring the Name and Last Name.

I will appreciate any suggestion!

Thank you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@vsolanon Yes it is possible. Add an Office 365 Users Get user profile (v2) action and for the User field select Employee Email from the dynamic content. Then you can get the Given name property which is the first name of the employee.

getuserProfile5.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@vsolanon Yes it is possible. Add an Office 365 Users Get user profile (v2) action and for the User field select Employee Email from the dynamic content. Then you can get the Given name property which is the first name of the employee.

getuserProfile5.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Thank you @RobElliott, it worked like a charm!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,924)