cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Split by capitalized word

I am trying to achieve a split, I have a super good marker which is first('BONJOUR') followed by the name and a last(''',''') . Works super great but 'Bonjour' is a  common greating in french so everytime someone reply 'Bonjour' this change what I want to extract. The never use 'BONJOUR' as a greating. There are no marker I can use in the HTML to extract the name, I would need to ask for a code change and this is not the time as online orders are through the roof. 

So my question is, is there anyway i could split using capitalized 'BONJOUR'?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Split by capitalized word

Hi @yanni99,

Yes, you could use a capitalized word to separate words, I guess the situation you are facing is to extract names from Emails or messages, but some additional keywords (Bonjour) will disrupt the extraction process, that what we are facing usually. The capitalized word is a good idea to do it and it indeed could work in split() function, there is an instance you could refer to:
Annotation 2020-04-09 112718.pngAnnotation 2020-04-09 112704.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@yanni99 

Hi there.  So, the split() function seems to be case sensitive.  I tried splitting the phrase "Bonjour World" on BONJOUR, and it didn't pick it up until I matched the casing.  

If you are unfamiliar with this function, check the docs and this fun video:

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yanni99,

Yes, you could use a capitalized word to separate words, I guess the situation you are facing is to extract names from Emails or messages, but some additional keywords (Bonjour) will disrupt the extraction process, that what we are facing usually. The capitalized word is a good idea to do it and it indeed could work in split() function, there is an instance you could refer to:
Annotation 2020-04-09 112718.pngAnnotation 2020-04-09 112704.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,681)