Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbonera
Advocate I
Advocate I

Split ; for email address on selected item output

Capture1.PNG

Hi   

I have an reviewers output box on for selected item to capture 2 or 3 email addresses.  As you can put multiple email addresses in this box the output is first.user@etc.com;second.user@etc.com;

I would like to get the 2 or 3 emails in a varible  so tried this   
split('Reviewers',';')   to see if i could split those email address to place in different sharepoint columns

3 REPLIES 3
Charles_John
Advocate II
Advocate II

sbonera,

To return specific items from the array, append it with [#]

1st Email Address = split('Reviewers',';')[0]

2nd Email Address = split('Reviewers',';')[1]

3rd Email Address = split('Reviewers',';')[2]

Cheers

GabrielStJohn
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @sbonera!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @Charles_John‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

In my case split(Triggerbody()['Email'],';')[0]  worked  which was the expression behind the reviewer field.  when I used the reviewers dynamic content it for some reason would return the word reviewers and not the email addresses.  

So I would say the answer got me there, however maybe this is flow issue for having to put (Triggerbody()['Email'],';')[0] ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (19,311)