cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TingleyEJ

Splitting Microsoft Forms Answer into Different Rows

Hello,

I am trying to make a flow to improve a process at my company. 

Basically the first few questions select a group and a date. Then in the last question the customer is to list the ID numbers, first name, and last name of their people in a one per row fashion.

My question is if there is a way to be able to send one row for each person listed to the SQL server database in this fashion? -> Group, date, id num, first, last

I'm not sure how to parse the last question to give me one insert row per row in the question.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TingleyEJ,

Could you please explain more details about the "Then in the last question the customer is to list the ID numbers, first name, and last name of their people in a one per row fashion." that you mentioned?

Please share more details about your scenes and your requirement so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Hi @v-yuazh-msft thank you for replying. I would be happy to provide more info.

So the first question on my form gets the group who is filling out the form through a selection question.

The second question is a date for the group. 

The last question is just a text answer that asks them to input the id number, first name, and last name for every person in their group in a row per row fashion like below.

123456 John Smith

234567 James Johnson

987654 Mo Trout

So I would like to insert into a table on our SQL server one row per person that has the group, date, id num, first name, and last name of each person like below.

Sales 12/12/18 123456 John Smith

Sales 12/12/18 987654 Mo Trout

Basically I am having trouble parsing the answer to the last question. I almost had it with the Parse JSON function on the answer to the question, but it would only give me the ID number and it wouldn't move on to get the first or last name. 

Is it feasible to have the last question be a one person per line answer? I'm just trying to avoid people having to fill out the form for one person at a time. I would rather figure out a way to loop through the list of people in the last question and send them to the database in one shot. 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,166)