cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Spreadsheet Comparison then send text

Hello everyone,

I have 2 spreadsheets in One Drive for business; spreadsheet 1 I have  FULL access, spreadsheet 2 I have  READ ONLY access.  Spreadsheet 1 has two columns: "Email Addresses" column and a "phone number column". Spreadsheet 2 has only one column: "Email".

The first goal is to compare both spreadsheet's email addresses/email columns and find the differences  - if email address in spreadsheet 1 is NOT on spreadsheet 2 then save those values (outputs). This is working just fine.

The second goal is to sent a text to the phone numbers (phone numbers column in spreadsheet 1) for the emails that were captured in the output. 

Because of the way I have my flow setup now, when the flow runs, it tries to send the texts to the "outputs" but, obviously it doesn't work since it tries to send the text to the email address instead of the phone numbers....how can I fix this so that the texts go to the phone number instead of the email address? (phone numbers that correspond to the emails that were captured in the outputs).Is this possible?

texts2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ITlearner20 ,

Do you mean to get the phone number contained in another table based on the email address?

Then Get a row action needs to get the phone number from Table 2.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hello @v-bacao-msft thanks for your reply. I meant that I want to send a text to the phone numbers associated with the email addresses that are in the "output" data operation. The output contains the email addresses that are on spreadsheet 1 but are NOT on spreadsheet 2, that is what I want in the output therefore that parts works ok.

I am not sure how I can sent a text to each phone number for those email addresses in the "output". I think the output has email addresses only and not the phone numbers associated with those email addresses, that is why I am not sure how I could send a text to those phone numbers. I appreciate your help.   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,067)