cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawn_fielding
Frequent Visitor

Spreadsheet to List boolean upload

Hi all,

I am attempting to upload a spread into a list using flow.  There is a boolean column in the list and the value of the boolean field is in a column in the spreadsheet.  The thing is, when I attempt to add that column value to the flow, I only get the option to add a yes or no or a custom value (perhaps this is the solution).  On string columns, I get the option to add a column value from the table.  I want to do this with the boolean column too.  How do I do that?

flow.PNGtable.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shawn_fielding,

How do you format the Boolean column? Within expression in it or created a drop-down column?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Essentially by typing TRUE or FALSE in the spreadsheet, which should translate to the boolean option yes or no in the list.

The "yes" or "no" in the spreadsheet was just a test.  I realize that the field has to be TRUE or FALSE.  BUT this does not resolve the issue of the flow not allowing me to upload the column.  It only offers all yes or all no's.

Hi @shawn_fielding,

I think you could create a column with an expression that =IF(A2="yes",TRUE(),FALSE):

Annotation 2020-01-14 180906.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Oh, yes, I did that.  No problem.  The problem is in the flow, where I cannot choose to get the value from a column.  It will only take a static yes (true) or no (false) for the column in the flow.  See the flow.  Ignore the spreadsheet. 

Hi @shawn_fielding,

Unfortunately, there is no way to select the value of the column which contains an expression.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (53,020)