Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Start Date -> Same Date next month

Hello, @AllanKnudsen!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @Pieter_Veenstra‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify! Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Uhmm that solution will not work

Using the date 2019-01-31 and not now() and adding 1 month will not give me the date 2019-02-28

Allan

Highlighted

HI @AKN,

That woudln't be the same DATE next month.

If you want the same number of days away from the end of the month. Then you would have to go for somethign like find the "first day of the next month - 1 day".

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@Pieter_Veenstra

Yes I know that 😉 and that is what i did, but it took like 30 different action, instead of taking current date and add 1, 3,6 or 12 month by using "Add to Time"

What i currently use is get current day and last date in month, then i calculate that span and store that.

Then i add one day to last day in month 1, 3, 6, 12 times, to get intervals of 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 12 month.

Once i get the the next interval date, I then again get last date of the month, and then minus the initial date span, that then gives me the "correct" date in the future.

My problem was just that is takes alot of actions to caluclate that, instead og just using "AddtoTime 1 or 3 or 6 month" or simply get "future date"

Untitled.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.png

Highlighted

I would expect that 1 action is possible for each date that you want to calculate.

It will need quite few expressions with a combination of textual replacements of the month number and removing the 1 day. Having said that handling the end of year could be just as tricky. I agree that this is far too complicated and the date calculation fucntions shoudl simply be fixed.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

100% agree on that 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,974)