cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wplingers
Level 8

Start an approval - change sender

Hallo,

I have created a flow that uses the object 'Start an approval'. In the mail that is sent to the approvers, my name is mentioned, but I am actually not part of that process.

Is there a way for me the remove the from data (in the printscreen my picture and my name) or replace it with a generic email address (from a share mailbox, for example)?

Thanks and regards,

Startanapprovalmymail1.png

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Start an approval - change sender

Hi @wplingers,

Please take a look at the following thread:
Changing Sent From Default Address

Basically the Approval process accepts the Flow creator credentials and then use it within the Approval Email, if you would like to change it with the Shared Mailbox, you should switch the connection credentials for the Office 365 Outlook- Send Approval Email Action to a 'Public Account'.

For Send Approval Action, it only allows one connection for single account, so there is no way to switch that.

Options you may take a try:

1. Including the some text to let the recipient know who is requesting Approval,

2. to have the right premission configured for the Flow creator to send email as (or on behalf of) the other person through the MailBox side,

More details, please check the Threads I shared above.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
slatkinson
Level: Powered On

@wplingers  I have the same issue and I don't think Micheael maybe understood what you are asking.  I created a "team flow" but no matter who starts the flow in Sharepoint my head appears on every approver email. See my post that I've been trying to figure out since September!

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Team-Flow-only-coming-from-Creator/m-p/54667#M498...

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @slatkinson,

I think your issue should be under the same request of this thread.

Please check the Approvals connector information doucmentated here:

Approvals

The limits for this connector is:

Connections per account: 1

Which means the connection is added automatically, and can't be switched.

Besides, when trying to add new connection, it will remind the following error:

62.PNG

While when working with the Approval with Team flow, Flow Service will just obtain the information of the Flow creator (based on the Connection added for the Approval). So every time an Approval has been sent, the Creator would be involved.

Per your request, please consider submit an idea in the Microsoft Flow idea forum, to suggest the Porduct team to remove the Creator information when working with the Approval Action.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 150 members 3,776 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: