cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Start and Wait for an approval

I'm creating an approval flow as shown below. The issue is that when I do a test run, I get stuck at "Start and wait for an approval". Obviously that's what I want, but the issue is that I'm not sure where I can approve that section so that the flow can continue. Furthermore, I created a condition that checks whether it was approved or not but I don't know if that is done right as shown by the "Approve" typed in the rightmost box.

I also omitted any action under the "If yes" box because I'm assuming the flow would naturally continue to the "send an email" action right after.

I appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

approval.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, the condition looks right.

In terms of the pause.  Its waiting for whoever you sent the approval to.  They need to login and reply to the email or go to the Approvals panel in Power Automate to Approve or Reject.  The flow won't continue until they do that.  If you sent the approval to yourself you should be able to do it right from inside Power Automate. Just go to Approvals under Action Items and you should see the pending approval.  you can complete it from there.  Once you approve or reject the flow should continue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, the condition looks right.

In terms of the pause.  Its waiting for whoever you sent the approval to.  They need to login and reply to the email or go to the Approvals panel in Power Automate to Approve or Reject.  The flow won't continue until they do that.  If you sent the approval to yourself you should be able to do it right from inside Power Automate. Just go to Approvals under Action Items and you should see the pending approval.  you can complete it from there.  Once you approve or reject the flow should continue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks!!

Highlighted

@Pstork1   I'm having the same problem with my very first attempt at an approval flow, but I have been looking for the approval notification.  I am using the template for taking items from a list in SharePoint and approving them for posting to Twitter.   

I was following the directions found here on MS Learn. 

When I add a new record and then come back, I see that the When a new item is created trigger succeeded. The Start an approval runs for 10 minutes and then fails with a timeout error.  I never receive an email and nothing shows up in my Approvals area. 

I tried changing from my account name to the Created By Email from SharePoint when it wasn't originally working.  I'm using a trial environment if that matters.  

I couldn't figure out how to add a photo, but here is a link to my start an approval step. The link will be valid until I find an answer. 

Thoughts?

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

That's an old template based on old actions that have been deprecated.  I suspect that is why it no longer works.  Delete the Start an Approval action and replace it with the current Start and Wait for an Approval.  Then fill in the items and see if that doesn't work better.

In future you would get a better response if you post a new question rather than putting a reply on an old one.  You'll get more people to check it out and try to help that way.

Highlighted

Thank you @Pstork1 ,

I will make those changes. It is also good to know that the template is based on deprecated features.  I wish MS would pull the old templates.  That would make life for newbies like me a lot easier.

Maybe it is different in these forums, but I found tagging someone helpful like you gets a better response than putting it in the open and having all the people who only want to gather badges answering with useless info. 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,164)