cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Start and approval with different approvers based on From result

I am having a lot of trouble figuring this out and have looked and many other problems posted but have not had any success yet. Any and all help and incite is welcome and appreciated. 

•   I have a Microsoft Form where one of the questions lets you choose and option from a list of 125 options. This list is the campus ID
  •   I have an excel table save in SharePoint using the same list of campus IDs and there is a column with email addresses of the campus Admin.

I want to Assign and Approval to the campus admin dynamically by matching the campus ID from the Form to the Campus ID in the table. 

Every time the Flow runs it fails to find the row using the Key Value from the Form.

"status": 404,
"message": "No row was found with Id 'Akins HS - 017\r'.\r\nclientRequestId: 4b788777-fbaf-4961-a8e7-cedae9ba2d70",
"source": "excelonline-wus.azconn-wus.p.azurewebsites.net"

I have also tired substituting the Excel Table for a Sharpoint List and the only change in result is the flow says it ran successfuly but the approval is never started. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Start and approval with different approvers based on From result

I solved it. my values had "-" in it. By removing that charactor the flow runs smoothly. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Start and approval with different approvers based on From result

I solved it. my values had "-" in it. By removing that charactor the flow runs smoothly. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,015)